Department: Strategic Communications Department
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 01.01.2018
The Head of Content Marketing & Digital Engagement will be responsible for attracting and engaging an audience. He/She will be in charge of content creation, digital engagement, in-house consulting and project management.
As a digital strategist, you know that attracting and engaging an audience requires the creation and distribution of valuable, relevant, and consistent content across multiple digital channels (owned & earned). In this role, the content and campaigns you create and stories you tell will help shift how the industry views the International Olympic Committee and the Olympic Movement.
As a member of the IOC Strategic Communications team, you will create content, distribution plans and engagement approaches with written and visual content. Our team leads the IOC`s digital engagement strategy across audiences including athletes, employees, Members, fans, National Olympic Committees and International Federations.
You will collaborate closely with a variety of internal partners - gaining exposure across the company. The role is a mix of content creation, digital engagement (managing the campaigns), in-house consulting, and project management (tracking all the moving pieces and getting it across the finish line).
- Act as a subject matter expert in the overall owned digital and social media strategy for the department.
- Create content marketing plans, copywriting/editing, digital-first storytelling, commissioning stories, email marketing campaigns.
- Maintain and execute against an integrated digital engagement strategy across our digital platforms.
- Guide graphic design, UX/UI, visual content creation (illustrations, infographics, etc.), experience design.
- Measure effectiveness of our strategy on each platform and improve performance over time.
- Maintain the digital editorial calendar and manage day-to-day activities on all social platforms.
- Provide consultative recommendations on digital marketing and content strategy to Staffing and project manage deliverables as needed.
- Identify opportunities to experiment with emerging technologies and to pilot new approaches.
- Act as liaison to Compliance and Advertising teams and manage day to day needs for conference and events.
Background and language and IT skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years’ experience managing digital projects with a focus on content and strategy.
- Deep expertise in one (or more) of the following areas: Editorial (writing and/or commissioning stories); Digital Strategy (audience segmentation/targeting, SEM/SEO, analytics, and optimization); or Graphic Design.
- A deep understanding of social media, digital marketing, and audience engagement.
- Experience creating, executing and measuring success of digital marketing and social media campaigns.
- Hands-on experience managing the social media platforms/campaigns, defining KPI, and successfully achieving desired results.
- Clear and engaging writing ability, including development of social posts and article-style content.
- Ability to explain and present digital strategy and tactics to stakeholders and to larger audiences.
- Exceptional attention to detail while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- English or French mother tongue, with perfect knowledge of the other language.