Department: Strategic Communications Department
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 01.01.2018
The Head of Strategic Insights will provide the data oversight and insights informing the IOC’s communications and reputation strategy.
A successful candidate in this role will:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the IOC, liaising between existing internal sources and external partners to maximize data-focused insights.
- Lead primary and secondary research projects to obtain quantitative and qualitative research for use in preparedness & decision-making (eg. for strategic communications and corporate security).
- Work to access and provide insights from existing data sources, and develop new data sources to provide greater knowledge of stakeholder groups.
- Continuously advance research methodologies and data types by staying on top of industry trends.
- Mine data to identify and compelling insights about the IOC organisation, its stakeholders and the broader Olympic Movement.
- Utilize critical thinking and leadership abilities to grow as a thought leader and positively impact and the organisation as a whole.
- Liaise and conduct research across languages and geographies to develop high-level understanding of specific communications and strategic challenges.
- Serve as Project Manager across all IOC research programmes (eg. consumer, athlete, sport and broadcast), including agency and contract management.
- Coordinate IOC cross-functional research programmes.
- Coordinate OCOG research working group.
Background and language and IT skills
- Undergraduate degree in data science, business, sociology, psychology, marketing or communications; advanced degree preferred.
- 8-12 years of experience in corporate communications or market research, strategic and reputation work preferred.
- Detail oriented with experience managing staff members, interacting directly with internal and external clients to drive results.
- Extensive experience presenting research results to executive organisational management and senior government officials.
- Exceptional qualitative and quantitative research skills including survey/questionnaire design, segmentation, factor analysis, attribution, modeling and cluster analysis.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Expert proficiency utilizing statistical analysis software, such as SPSS, SAS or SQL.
- Experience with integrating data from multiple sources and tools to create coherent and consistent metrics and KPIs for the communications and marketing functions of an organisation.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Results-focused approach with a track record of success.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Mother tongue English or French, with excellent command of the other language.
- Willingness and ability to respectfully navigate diverse cultural, programmatic and regulatory environments.