Department: Technology and Information
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 01.01.2018
Deadline to apply: 22.11.2017
The Solution Architect will define technical solutions to meet the needs of IOC business departments.
- Define solutions to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of IOC business departments, ensuring alignment with technology strategy and making optimum re-use of existing systems and infrastructure.
- Subject matter expert for the IOC’s digital workplace environment, based on Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365 and related technologies.
- Establish effective, collaborative working relationship with stakeholders to shape and define requirements and appropriate solutions. Primarily these stakeholders will be drawn from:
- Project and service management teams within the department;
- IOC Business departments requiring solutions to meet their business needs.
- Identify solution options for business needs, drawing on the capabilities of the IOC’s digital workplace and ensuring alignment with technology strategy.
- Recommend appropriate solution based on objective assessment of advantages and disadvantages of available options and including a risk analysis.
- Ensure compliance with IOC Architecture & Security standards and architectural & project governance processes.
- Technical lead to demonstrate potential solutions, create “proofs of concept” and, where appropriate, direct and guide suppliers and technically assure delivery of their solutions.
- Technical authority for assigned projects.
- Build and maintain relationships with key suppliers (such as Microsoft) to remain current with developments in their technologies and identify potential benefits for the IOC.
- Liaise & peer review solution options with colleagues in the Strategy, Architecture & Security team.
- Engage with Service Management team to ensure supportability of proposed solutions.
- Champion an “Evergreen IT” approach for the digital workplace within DTI and the IOC, continually monitoring and assessing product updates and promoting the rapid adoption of updated software and features.
- Identify project and operational costs of solution architectures, including total cost of ownership.
- Ensure proposed solutions represent optimum value for money.
Profile and skills
- 5 years experience in the role of solution architect, with proven track record of delivering on-premises, hybrid and cloud-based solutions (for example, based on IaaS, PaaS & SaaS).
- Strong background in Microsoft platforms, including Windows 10 and Office 365.
- University studies and higher education (MBA) or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent command of French and English.