Department : Finance
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: As soon as possible
- Manage the Hospitality, Events and Logistics management for the IOC in Lausanne and abroad.
- Put in place and manage a team of professionals who are in a position to deliver proven top-quality services and monitor external service providers.
- Offer updated top-quality hospitality, events and logistics management taking into account international criteria, service levels and their evolution, and the IOC’s strategy.
- Manage all IOC’s hospitality activities, particularly welcome, accreditation, transport, accommodation, catering, the Olympic Club, entertainment activities, meeting rooms, gifts and uniforms.
- Coordinate all support functions (hospitality and others) at events.
- Provide departments with customised support depending on the nature of the event:
- Institutional meetings: Sessions, Executive Board (EB), commissions
- IOC operations at the Olympic Games and Youth Olympic Games
- World conferences and other events to promote Olympism.
- Manage logistical (storage, dispatches) and technical (buildings) activities as well IOC’s office supplies.
- Guide the purchase of general resources function, respecting international best practices.
- Define and defend the budget of the Hospitality, Events and Logistics Management Unit and ensure that services are provided while respecting the budget defined.
- Create and maintain within the Hospitality, Events and Logistics Management Unit a working culture that upholds the values of professionalism, client focus, business skills, individual responsibility and efficiency.
- Encourage the exchange of experience, professional and personal development and constant improvement within the team.
- Manage the implementation of special projects inside the Unit, e.g., the formalisation of services, analysis and improvement of working tools.
- Provide professional supervision of external service providers – particularly for catering, transport, technology, logistics – which must conform to all internal procedures as well as the principles of good governance: regular monitoring, notification, transparency, ethics, etc.
- Conduct satisfaction surveys among IOC management, internal clients, and IOC’s main partners (IOC members, sponsors, providers) in order to improve the services provided.
- Ensure that the services provided are of international quality, delivered on time, according to the budgets defined and defend IOC’s interests at all times.
Training, and language and IT skills
- University studies: bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 10 to 15 years’ experience as a manager in the hospitality/hotel industry: responsible for an operational unit or a department.
- Proven experience in managing a team, including at least a dozen managers and supervisors.
- Proven experience in managing large-scale and international events as well as project management.
- High sense of diplomacy and good knowledge of the political environment.
- Used to working in an international environment: international experience or frequent business trips worldwide.
- Languages: excellent French and English; knowledge of other languages an asset.
- Command of IT tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Technical, organisational and personal skills
- Analytical skills and ability to take decisions.
- Good presentation and people skills.
- Excellent management of priorities and stress.
- Ability to arbitrate and defend one’s team and decisions.
- Open-minded and willing to work with others.
- Ready to travel.