Department: IOC Television & Marketing Services SA
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Internship
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 01.11.2017
Deadline to apply: 18.10.2017
The Broadcast & Media unit (BM) is responsible for the sales and exploitation of the Olympic Games and Youth Olympic Games media rights as well as the distribution and commercialisation of the Olympic Channel.
As part of the BMR unit, the Broadcast and Media Rights Intern will:
- Assist with the management of Olympic Games Rights Holding Broadcasters and identify opportunities to leverage their partnership and enhanced upcoming media rights sales.
- Support the preparation of the BMR activities for the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 (broadcast intentions, Internet Monitoring Programme…).
- Assist the evaluation and implementation of distribution and commercial opportunities for the development of the Olympic Channel.
- Compile intelligence information about media landscape, broadcasters and digital/social players as well as new trends and opportunities.
- Prepare presentations for business meetings.
Profile and skills
- University or business school (or related field) student or graduate.
- Interest to work in a commercial environment.
- Understanding or work experience in the media industry, sports agency or sport’s governing body.
- Knowledge and affinity with media landscape an asset.
- English fluency both spoken and written; French and/other language an asset.
- Able to compile data and feature key information in presentable formats.
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and of corporate tools.
- Familiarity with the ‘Olympic Movement’, a plus.