Department: Human Resources
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: as soon as possible
The HR Office Manager will actively participate in the HR administrative tasks, coordinate the follow-up of files and manage the team of HR assistants.
- Manages the team of HR administrative assistants and interns.
- Recruits and trains the team of HR administrative assistants and interns.
- Assists the Head and/or managers of the unit with all administrative tasks and with the management, implementation and follow-up of HR projects.
- Coordinates the follow-up of the HR administrative files.
- Participates actively in the HR administrative activities linked to the employee life cycle, from the recruitment process to the leaving process:
- Organises and keeps the staff files up to date and ensures the proper physical and electronic organisation, filing and archiving of the documents contained in these files, in accordance with the applicable legal standards and procedures.
- Manages and follows up short- and long-term absences.
- Produces accident declaration forms, prepares the descriptions for these, and records medical certificates.
- Writes or formats the correspondence linked to HR activities.
- Takes part in internal communications activities.
- Supports and coordinates the payment process with the HR assistants and the Payroll Manager.
- Makes proposals for, devises and develops the administrative procedures, and the follow-up and management reports for the unit, to help achieve greater effectiveness and efficiency of HR services.
- Ensures that the HR procedures are respected and applied.
- Ensures that the departmental management tools are available and up to date.
Profile and skills
Education, language and software competences
- HR assistant certificate or equivalent experience (seven years in a similar position).
- Mother tongue English or French, with an excellent command of the other language.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office 2016 suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Excellent knowledge of SAP HR.
Technical, organisational and personal competences
- Proven experience of managing a team.
- Familiarity with team work in terms of managing the flow of files, processes and procedures, and communicating with colleagues.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills. Ability to think independently and act on personal initiative.
- Quick to learn and proven service orientation.
- Ability to take an organised approach to complex issues and quickly grasp concepts.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to remain efficient in a changing environment, and to adapt positively to new tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Ability to express ideas and facts concisely and precisely in writing, in order to be clearly understood by all types of people.
- Ability to communicate with sensitivity, efficiency and professionalism with all kinds of people, create a climate of trust and appreciate the needs and expectations of one’s interlocutors.
- Ability to comply with the ethical and management principles of the organisation, apply these and act accordingly.