Department for Corporate Development, Brand and Sustainability
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Temporary
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 01.04.2017
Duration: 10 Months
The IOC Brand Manager ensures consistency of applications by IOC entities and on products and drives implementation of the IOC’s corporate identity.
The Brand Management function’s mission is to strategically manage the use of the Olympic brand and all Olympic properties within the IOC and the Olympic Movement. To do so, we oversee the strategic development and promotion of the Olympic brand, the protection of Olympic properties and brand-related research. We also manage the development and application of brand guidelines across all our constituents.
The main activities of the Brand Management team are: development of a brand strategy and long-term view; management of the Olympic Properties Guidelines and approval of use of Olympic properties; and lending support to IOC colleagues on brand matters.
Contribution to brand strategic development
- Support Head of Brand Management on brand strategic development .
- Identify opportunities and propose new strategic projects for the Olympic brand.
- Continuously collaborate with all stakeholders to identify needs for strategic development.
- Create, develop and maintain (in collaboration with all departments) a one-stop shop for all brand-related topics for the IOC and its stakeholders.
- Contribute to developing the brand essence materials to be included in an “Olympic brand book”.
- Be in charge of consistency and the continuous updating of content and guidelines on all parts of the brand centre, in collaboration with the relevant departments.
Brand services offered to IOC departments
- Act as a primary point of contact for all IOC departments for all IOC brand-related topics.
- Continuously collaborate with all stakeholders to support them in their corporate branding needs.
- Ensure long-term consistency on all IOC applications (products and services) to promote the role and work of the IOC, leveraging branding as a way to promote the IOC’s role and activities.
- Reveal the common identity of the IOC as one organisation, and position the IOC as a role model in Olympic property usage.
- Track and manage best practices in applications and uses of the brand to enhance guidelines and approval processes.
- Develop all the necessary tools and guidelines to ensure proper implementation of the IOC’s corporate identity. Carry out regular reviews and updates as needed.
- Identify needs, develop and lead training sessions and communications around the IOC’s corporate identity.
- Manage relationships with all partners (internal and external) for the development and roll-out of the IOC’s corporate identity.
- Carry out a regular and consistent strategic review of the IOC product portfolio, and support the various departments in the review and development of products consistent with the IOC strategy.
- Manage the brand budget related to the IOC and its applications.
Profile and skills
- Higher education qualification or equivalent (master’s/bachelor’s degree, Federal diploma, etc.) or equivalent professional experience in marketing, brand, design or communications.
- 5-7 years’ experience of project management in a brand management or commercial/marketing environment.
- Experience with non-commercial brand management.
- Project management qualification an asset.
- Fluent oral and written English mandatory, good command of French a strong asset. Other languages an asset.
- Excellent knowledge and command of Microsoft Office tools.
- Working ability with design tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).