Department: IOC Television & Marketing Services SA
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 01.03.2019
Deadline to apply: 21.02.2019
Partnership Manager will be responsible for planning, meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of the assigned TOP Partner(s), protecting and enhancing the value of their investment, and supporting renewals planning and negotiation, with the ultimate goal of long-term retention.
- Oversee the development of strategic partnerships with assigned TOP Partners through cross-functional cooperation and relationships, and the delivery of the rights to those TOP Partners, with a view to optimising the value of the partnership for the Olympic Movement and the relevant TOP Partner(s) within the Olympic commercial framework.
- Establish, protect, enhance and nurture the relationships with assigned TOP Partner(s) to build and maintain open, productive and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Initiate and develop a creative approach to partnership management with the aim of adding incremental value to the assigned TOP Partners.
- Oversee and manage the Olympic activation and promotional campaigns approvals of assigned TOP Partner(s) with the services of the Rights Activation (RA) team.
- Support the planning and negotiation of renewals with assigned TOP Partners.
Daily Partnership Management
- Provide day-to-day education, assistance, proactive and solution-oriented proposals as well as issue resolution processes to assigned TOP Partner(s) as challenges impact them.
- Act as an active advocate and supporter of, and contributor to, their sponsor activation efforts around the world.
- Proactively identify value-creation opportunities from within the Olympic movement, as new assets are developed or enhanced (for example the Olympic Channel and other Olympic Agenda 2020 projects).
- Work closely with the assigned TOP Partner(s) to set mutual objectives and develop partner management and project plans.
- Initiate regular reviews of overall service delivery and returns on objectives.
- Oversee the delivery of rights activation services by the RA team of ITMS.
- Provide Olympic marketing expertise to assigned TOP Partner(s), communications, tools and information to assigned marketing Partner(s) so that they can effectively leverage their Olympic partnership. Continuously keeps him/herself educated on assigned Partner(s)’ business and environment..
- Provide Games-time support for all Partner(s) on-site activities.
- Liaise with all International Olympic Committee (IOC) departments to ensure TOP rights and benefits are understood, respected, fulfilled and optimised. Serve as an advocate on behalf of assigned Partner(s) within IOC Departments and Commissions. Work with all Olympic Movement stakeholders to identify new opportunities for assigned TOP Partner(s), with the objective of further increasing the value of their Olympic Partnership.
- Educate, train and supervise counterpart partner services teams at the Organising Committees for the Olympic Games (OCOGs) to correctly provide for the specific needs of assigned TOP Partner(s) as well as on best practices and procedures for local marketing partner servicing.
- Lead projects and functional areas in the Partnership Management Team to support the implementation of best in class partnerships.
- Participate in the development of TOP Partner research and benchmarking process of other sports properties to improve the services delivered to assigned TOP Partner(s) (with respect to hospitality, rights activation, real time marketing, etc.).
- Serve as an advocate of assigned Partner(s) with OCOGs and National Olympic Committees (NOCs), serve as a facilitator with IOC, OCOGs, host city governments and NOCs in support of Partner(s) Olympic marketing objectives.
Training and competences
- Experience of working in, or with entities active in technology and/or sports sponsorship industries is highly desirable.
- Experience in Brand Campaign management and execution within an Integrated Marketing Campaign environment.
- Olympic Games or other major sports property activation experience highly desirable (working on either sponsor, property and/or agency side), as well as prior experience in FMCG marketing.
- Experience of managing multimedia activations desirable, including sound understanding of:
- Monetisation of digital and social media platforms.
- Digital and social media advertising formats, pricing and sales structures.
- Branded content planning, production and distribution.
- The role of media in a sponsorship environment (specifically how it can be leveraged to enhance a broader activation program).
- KPI creation, development and review for marketing campaigns.
- University degree with a major (or focus) in marketing / sponsorship.
- 6-8 years marketing program development experience and/or client-based sponsorship management in a corporate/agency/property environment.
- English fluency both spoken and written; French and/other language an asset.
- Excellent command of the standard corporate IT tools and natural respect for the internal user rules.
- Outstanding and proven relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, ability to put ideas or facts in writing concisely and precisely so as to be clearly understood by all kinds of interlocutors in various cultures, ability to present to varied audiences with impact.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic with strong leadership, team-building and coaching skills, who can combine these with strong business discipline and decisiveness.
- Demonstrated precision and efficiency in prioritizing between competing objectives.
- Comfortable and productive working within a highly cross-functional/matrixed organization.
- Embracing changes: ability to remain efficient within a changing environment and to adapt positively to new tasks, responsibilities or people, instinct to transform changes into opportunities.
- Ability to interact with tact, sensitivity, efficiency and professionalism with all levels of people, create a climate of trust and appreciate the needs and expectations of one’s interlocutors.
- Ability to adhere to the organisation’s ethical principles, apply these and act accordingly.
- A passionate expert about the Olympic Movement and its ambition to help achieve sponsors’ business/marketing goals and to improve the world through sport.