Career Opportunities: Plant Engineer - Castiglione d/S Plant (76401)
Req Id 76401 - Posted 06/17/2019 - Supply Chain - Engineering - Italy - Castiglione delle Stiviere
- Manage and implement all the investment of the plant's responsibility and collaborate on the achievement of the objectives for the projects in charge of the Technical Development.
- Define, in support of the Technical Area Manager, the Investment Forecast (CAPEX), evaluating the sustainability in terms of approvals and cash out of the proposed projects.
- Manage and update the technical diagrams and drawings of the new equipment and the upgrading of the existing ones.
- Define preventive and predictive maintenance policies in collaboration with other business functions.
- Define the types and quantity of spare parts to keep in stock, for the first supply, relating to new equipment.
- Define, with the Production Manager, PPWM and Maintenance Manager, the lines’ downtimes programmed for installation or start-up of new equipment, during all the phases of planning.
- Propose and realize the innovation on the assets of the Plant.
- Keep and expand the relationship with existing and potential suppliers, assessing services and offers, to identify technological developments, activities of revamping and new realizations to be implemented in the Plant.
- Identifies the areas of improvement of the plants and of the production or packaging equipment, looking, also through activities of scouting and benchmarking and in collaboration with the TAM and the Maintenance Mangers, the best technical solutions in order to maximize the efficiency and reliability of the plant.
- Ensures consistency between the design phases and the industrialization phase for both new projects and continuous improvement.
- Proposes equipment improvements for the existing assets and, in coordination with the central Engineering, also for the investment in new lines. In particular:
- Prvides support in the definition of maintenance approaches
- Fllows the acceptance test at the supplier
- Ensures the supprt during the installation, testing and start-up of the new equipment.
- Represents the plant in the projects of new equipment/lines.
- Supports the TAM in the definition of the investment plan, suggesting interventions and autonomously follows the "minor" projects.
- Promotes the collaboration between Plant and Central Engineering, supporting the central engineering in the design phase of new equipment (definition of lay-out, technical specifications, efficiency and productivity parameters and in the selection of suppliers) and participating in the project groups from the initial stages.
- Gathers and updates all the technical documentation of the plant (lay-out, technical documents, safety plan, etc.).
- Manages, in coordination with the purchasing department, the orders for the new equipment/installations.
- Monitors the use of resources (materials, direct and indirect manpower) through a detailed governance of the investment costs (RCA).
- Ensures consistency between the design phase and the industrialization phase for both new and continuous improvement projects.
- Collaborates with the Plant Maintenance Manager in the definition of maintenance policies by supporting area managers in implementing them through the standardization of tools and methods.
- Ensure the continuous monitoring of the performance of the equipment, identifying the critical areas and putting in place intervention plans in order to maximize the performance (preventive on condition).
- Monitors and elaborates maintenance performance indicators to be shared, in an organized and structured manner, with the maintenance teams focusing the action and monitoring plans.
- Coordinates the implementation of the technical training plan for all maintenance people.
- Master Degree in Engineering or consistent experience in technical or maintenance matters
- Experience in similar roles min 3 years
- Fluency in English both spoken and written (preferred)
- Problem solving
- Planning and organization skills
- Team working, proactivity attitude and interpersonal skills