Manage the technical aspects of the solution delivery and systems within the domain.
• Understand the focus and direction of the business area; prioritising and driving delivery that helps to achieve this.
• Define the technical direction for the domains and ensure design of solutions and delivery is aligned to this.
• Work closely with the domain owner of the domain.
• Involvement in the running of the domain, including sprint planning, design, drive delivery, retros, understanding root cause of issues/instability
• Responsible for the quality of technical solutions, maintenance of standards and managing impact/risk introduced by changes across domains.
• Review code and approve changes being deployed to production.
• Assist with technical analysis, root cause analysis and designing preventative actions.
• Oversee the choice of application and approach to development for the delivery of new system/technical solutions by the developers.
• Work with the Architect, other Tech Leads and Development Manager to understand and drive the strategic direction of the technologies within Institutional IT.
• Accountable to Architect to ensure domain technical direction is aligned with overall tech direction/architecture for Institutional IT, and overall tech direction caters for needs of the domains.
• Identify areas for continuous improvement of both systems and architectural standards and help drive implementation.
• Timeous, clear tracking, management and appropriate escalation of issues and risks.
• Ensure systems documentation for support, style guides and user manuals are produced as required.
• Ensure a stable and sustainable technical platform is in place to support the business area.
Manage the developers in the domain
• Lead a team of developers (+/- 5 developers) in the domain, according to skill set.
• Carry out all aspects of people management i.e. staff performance appraisals, approve leave, recruit, train, develop and mentor staff.
• Responsible for assigning work to the developers, determining estimates, overseeing technical design and driving delivery according to our SDLC procedures and standards.
• Ensure the correct technical skills are in place in the domain to meet business needs.
To make a personal contribution to our technical solutions.
• Develop key solutions that add to our central technical stack or contribute to our initiatives.