- The candidate will be responsible for completing IT Audit activities within the Group, Institutional and Retail Investment Management environment.
- The candidate will spend a considerable amount of their time working with staff across the business.
Key focus areas will include:
- Planning, scoping and risk assessments
- Testing of key controls
- Developing business acumen and operational knowledge
- Contributing to existing Internal Audit efforts
- Effectively managing planned audits
- Supervising and mentoring assistants on specific audits
Work Experience Required
5+ years’ experience in IT auditing (Application controls, general computer controls, technology layer reviews, IT process reviews).
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Financial Services exposure
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations, legislations, standards and frameworks e.g. COBIT, ITIL
- Continuous auditing, continuous monitoring and data analytics experience
- Operational Auditing experience
- Supervising junior staff
- To develop and record risk-based plans for each engagement, including the scope, objectives, and timing and resource allocations
- Understanding of IT risks and controls
- To develop and update risk-based audit programmes for the allocated audit universe
- To identify and evaluate significant risk exposures relating to the control processes and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- To execute the risk based IT audits( IT Projects, application systems, general IT controls, CAATS, IT Security, databases , technology platforms)
- To compile audit reports
- To discuss and clear audit findings and reports with line supervisor/management.
- To communicate audit results in writing-including objective, scope, conclusions, recommendations and action plans
- To supervise and mentor assistants on specific audits
- To effectively manage planned audits
- To perform ad hoc engagements when the need arises
- Performing IT audit action item follow-up testing
- Providing project risk assurance services, as well as completing developmental audits with regular follow ups and reporting. Coverage may include new development initiatives, infrastructure projects, data conversions, web projects, business analysis and testing, as well as relationships with technology vendors.
- Assist the Haed of Internal Audit and IT Audit Manager with the preparing of the annual risk based Audit Plans pertaining to the environment
- Liaising with senior management
Ability to build relationships
Ability to be objective
Ability to exercise tact
Ability to manage complexity
Ability to manage conflict
Ability to manage stress
Ability to meet tight deadlines
Ability to multi task
Ability to secure commitment
Ability to work under pressure
Accuracy and attention to detail
Affinity for learning
Builds strong & collaborative relationships
Co-ordinating and completing projects
Communicates with courage and consideration
Determined and persistent
Driven to excel
Influential and Persuasive
Is resilient through tough times
Problem solving skills
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Investigative and probing skills
Knowledge of Auditing and Risk Management
Knowledge of asset management or life product administration
- Graduate in business and/or technology fields.
- Relevant courses in IT Governance, Information Security, Project Risk Management, IT Audit.
- CISA accreditation