Career Opportunities: Risk Analyst | Group Assurance | Group Risk (3341)
Req ID 3341 - Posted 05/03/2019 - South Africa - Risk and Internal Audit - Cape Town
The role offers exposure across the full gambit of the financial services functions including retail, institutional and technology, providing opportunities for continued growth, learning and challenge over the tenure of your career.
It part of a highly driven and collaborative team promoting sound risk management awareness culture within the business enabling and supporting the Group in achieving its strategic and operational objectives.
- Facilitate the risk processes (risk assessment, identification, management, reporting & optimization) across the business including IT risk analysis, to identify and assess the risk to IT and applications.
- Engage with the business in identifying practical solutions to mitigate key risks and address control and process weaknesses identified.
- Remain close to business, engaging regularly and deeply understanding the risks and issues facing the business and the state of the control environment.
- Make pragmatic recommendations for control improvements on the systems and procedures being reviewed and reporting on these findings, open exposures and recommendations after discussing with management.
- Investigate risk incidents which include root cause analysis, rectification assessment, propose and test the design adequacy of control improvements;
- Perform risk assessments as part of various business projects and initiatives
- Assist in the education of staff/promoting risk awareness throughout the Group.
- Work closely with the Internal Audit and Compliance Functions to provide a combined assurance assessment of the risk management within the firm.
- This role will suite a self-starter with strong analytical, investigative and probing skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate, proactive and driven.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills.
- Outstanding report-writing skills and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ambitious and avid learner.
- Ability to work efficiently without close supervision.
- Team player.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Self-motivated, organised and deadline driven.
A minimum of 5 years related experience at an asset manager or financial services provider is preferred.
- Relevant Honours degree in Commerce, Information Systems, or Risk Management
- A CA or similar qualification will be advantageous.
31 March 2019.