Career Opportunities: Specialist | Institutional Fund Operations | Fund Operations (Investment Accounting) (3290)
Req ID 3290 - Posted 13/02/2019 - South Africa - Business Operations - Cape Town
The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to assist with the sourcing of daily market data for the pricing and valuation of the securities held by the various portfolios and funds. In addition, the candidate will be required to assist with various aspects relating to Investment Accounting, market and static data, and corporate actions.
The candidate will join the Investment Accounting Team. The team’s key functions include :
- Managing the instrument valuation processes, including:
- Ensuring that the instrument valuation and pricing processes run accurately and in good time so downstream processes can run and fund pricing can completed timeously.
- Ensuring that instrument price files are received from foreign exchanges.
- Liaising with data vendors (eg. JSE) on data quality / queries.
- Clearing of all JSE / STRATE / Fundamental Portfolio Manager (FPM) reconciling items.
- Setting up of system parameters in Markit (MDS) for certain instruments as and when they are created by the Trading team.
- Developing and enhancing the MDS system with the development team to keep systems up-to-date and efficient.
- Running of the exchange rate processes.
- Monitoring the end-of-day final price reconciliation, and investigating where any differences are identified (Confirmed Close recon).
- Manage static data processes, including:
- Monitoring of communications from the JSE / Bloomberg / other sources and advising the correct team (corporate events, trading, pricing) if action is required.
- Daily creation and maintenance of instruments and portfolios within FPM.
- Daily monitoring and updating of instrument and portfolio classifications, including liaising with Compliance to ensure consistency.
- Ensuring that all Market holidays in the various territories are updated and reflected in FPM.
- Other Activities:
- Assisting with month-end pricing across all portfolios.
- Processing of daily interest coupon accruals.
- Monitoring the Investment Accounting email queue and process requests eg coupon accrual / dividend adjustments etc.
- Assisting with the Charles River (CR IMS) Front Office trading system implementation and maintenance
- A motivated, self-starter, who displays an aptitude for analytical thinking.
- BComm / Business Science / CFA.
- IT market systems, SQL, Bloomberg and Inet experience an advantage.
- Numeric aptitude, and analytical mind set.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Be organised and deadline driven.
- Must be able to work flexible hours if required to do so.
- Ability to operate independently as well as in a team.
22 February 2019