Career Opportunities: Developer (DevOps Engineer) | Retail IT | N Teams (RI) (3263)
Req ID 3263 - Posted 09/01/2019 - South Africa - Information Technology - Cape Town
The aim of this role is to research and develop CI/CD automation techniques and tools to improve the performance, stability and reliability of the pipelines. There is also a strong emphasis on supporting feature teams to grow their own devops skills and take on more of their own production operational support. There is a dedicated production support team that handles the majority of production issues, but there will also be a need to occasionally respond to after-hours issues on an ad-hoc basis.
This role needs someone who can work largely autonomously to explore new technology, find ways to improve processes, and rapidly implement appropriate solutions.
- Maintain and support the CI/CD infrastructure, including kubernetes, gitlab and in-house tooling.
- Build out CI/CD processes to improve test isolation and performance.
- Research, develop and implement approaches to allow automated and isolated testing against legacy and 3rd party systems.
- Actively work to improve our tools and processes to increase overall developer efficiency.
- Minimum of 2 years software development experience
- Basic understanding of server infrastructure, including virtualisation, networking, etc
- Experience with the following:
- Continuous Delivery
- Container/orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, etc)
15 February 2019