Institutional Operations Domain is responsible for the technology solutions supporting the needs of the Allan Gray Fund Operations and Investment Accounting business units. The team’s responsibilities spans across multiple systems and applications, both internally and externally and include system integration.
The role of the business analyst in the Operations Domain is to solicit and understand business needs and requirements and assess how these requirements can be achieved. To recommend business solutions and interpret the business requirements into technical solutions that yield maximum business benefit and an efficient business process.
This role will be instrumental in ensuring the provision of long term client orientated solutions in a timely manner while ensuring reliability and scalability.
As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for the analysis, improvement and support of system processes and system requirements. You are also required to provide insight to business problems and assist Fund Operations Domain with the interpretation and understanding of key aspects within the Fund Operations and Investment Accounting sphere.
The role requires in depth knowledge of back and middle office operational functions within asset management. Specifically unitization, instrument valuations, calculations of fixed income accruals, corporate actions, fund accounting and business analysis experience in an IT environment.
- Liaise with Business and IT Stakeholders to satisfy business need
- Ensure that production support is effectively and timeously addressed
- Identify and manage any risk introduced by changes
- Identify inefficiencies and champion continuous improvement, not only on the system but also giving input into process improvements
- Collaborating with system architects to define infrastructure to support reporting
- Liaise with the business users and developers regarding requirements for new or improved functionality
- Liaison and relationship building with external vendor to ensure vendor delivery meets business and or industry requirements
- Assist with prioritization of enhancements with vendor
- Interpret AG business requirement for vendors – continuous interaction and clarification during analysis phase
- Manage business expectations
- Coordination with stakeholders for agreement on final design of solution
- Document process and system solutions
- Design and coordinate IT and Business testing
- Presentations as required
- Planning and co-ordination of implementation phase
- Work as an integral part of an Institutional IT scrum team
- Communication of priorities and progress of delivery
- Be proactively involved in understanding why production support is happening and the impact on the business area
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
- Relevant business / commerce degree
- Sound understanding of asset management and unit pricing processes
- Min of 5 years’ experience in asset management operations at a senior level
- Min of 2 years’ experience in a business analysis role
- Exposure to the IT delivery life cycle would be an advantage
Key Attributes & Competencies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Very disciplined and methodical working style
- Ability to work in a team
- Mentor and leadership
- Attention to detail
- Determined and persistent
- Ability to plan and organise
Application Closing Date: 14 December 2018