Career Opportunities: Application Support Analyst (2222)
Req ID 2222 - Posted 09/01/2019 - South Africa - Information Technology - Cape Town
To provide 2nd level IT application support to the Operations support team, business users and domains at a senior technical level. Assist with deploying software to the various release development environments as well as troubleshooting environment specific problems. This job also involves adhering to agreed change management procedures and assisting with improving release and operations procedures.
- Work with domains to continuously drive application architecture and configuration improvement.
- Work closely with the Digital support and development teams to continuously improve the stability in this environment.
- Work with domains and support teams to improve software deployment techniques and procedures.
- Ensure that software releases deployed into the production environment follow documented IT procedures.
- Ensure all agreed release and support procedures are followed.
- Provide 2nd line application technical support on all Retail applications and databases to support teams and all Retail Domains when required.
- After hours standby and support may be required from time to time.
- Liaise with 3rd line development teams to resolve user incidents, when required.
- Adhere to agile work management methodologies.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and SQL server knowledge with practical experience would be beneficial.
- SQL scripting skills would be beneficial.
- An interest in the Windows Server environment including Powershell scripting would be beneficial
- Linux experience essential
- Exposure to Opensource apps eg. NGINX, Docker, Kubernetes would be beneficial
- 5+ years work experience in an IT Applications support/DEVOPS environment
Key Attributes & Competencies
- A good understanding of application development principles and methodologies.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong logical thinking and deductive reasoning.
- Tenacity and execution.
- Planning and managing people and process.
- Effective communication style.
- Stress tolerant.
- Team player.