Allan Gray needs experienced Integration Developers to help build our next generation of applications.
As a team, we apply best practices in DevOps, architecture, solution design, scaling and testing.
We have adopted a Microservices architecture with RESTful API’s predominantly written in Scala, with some built in Golang.
Our Microservices are built and deployed on an elastic containerized infrastructure supported and managed on premises through Kubernetes.
We are looking to use technology to scale up our ability to continue to provide an excellent experience for our clients and we need smart, passionate backend developers to help us build the features required to make this happen.
- Analyse and design new features
- Write elegant robust code
- Write unit, integration and acceptance tests for all components
- Write build and deployment automation scripts
- Improve and optimize the performance of existing systems
- Troubleshoot and root-cause errors
- Mentor other developers
- Deliver features timeously
- At least 6 years’ worth of professional development experience
- Strong software design skills
- Proficiency in more than one modern programming language such as Scala, Java, C++, Python or Golang.
- Proficiency in a database technology such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL and Object-relational mapping
- Experience in distributed computing and building enterprise-wide systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types and deal with conflict in an effective way
- Ability to work individually and with teams
- Experience in influencing best practices within teams
- Attention to detail
Desired Skills & Experience
- Functional programming knowledge
- Proficiency in message queueing technology such as RabbitMQ
- Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices knowledge/experience
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information science or related technical discipline
- Since we are a multi-technology environment, knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object oriented design, data structures and algorithms are a necessity
Closing Date: 31 March 2019