About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
This role is a key position within a newly created team responsible for the delivery of technology innovation
and digitisation initiatives across Life Capital. It will play an important role in helping to
foster a culture of technology excellence, automation, digitisation and better exploitation of data to further enable and accelerate Life Capitals growth ambitions.
Conduct & Fair Customer Outcomes - Putting customers interests at the heart of how we conduct business. Demonstrated through your individual behaviours with a clear focus on treating our customers fairly and delivering the right outcomes at all stages throughout the product lifecycle.
Swiss Re Culture – Ensure you positively demonstrate and evidence the Swiss Re Leadership/Personal imperatives, supporting the delivery effective behaviours. Responsibility to our clients, shareholders and employees to achieve and maintain world-class performance.
Drive and shape the business
Show true teamwork/leadership
Take personal accountability
- To support OE's in identifying and realizing the benefits of specific Digital and automation initiatives, as well as of agile, DevOps and continuous improvement practices in general.
- To support CTOO in promoting operations and technology best practice across Life Capital
- To positively demonstrate and evidence Swiss Re's Leadership/Personal effective behaviours - Responsibility to our clients, shareholders and employees to achieve and maintain world-class performance.
- To take personal accountability for the success of initiatives and of the Swiss Re's business goals
- To assist in the delivery of Life Capitals Technology strategy and tracking of synergies.
- To assist in the delivery of Life Capitals Digital and Automation strategy
- To own and define Life Capital enterprise architecture artefacts, standards and documents and be able to impart technical information in a clear and concise manner
- To identify and deliver digitation and automation opportunities across the business through direct engagement and analysis with the business and the application of innovative thinking
- To work with key business stakeholders to foster a culture of Agile, DevOps, continuous integration, continuous delivery and automation throughout the business.
- To lead and facilitate Agile, DevOps process improvement based workshops, challenging existing practices and driving ideas and solutions that promote better ways of working
- To define and support the delivery of integration technologies, APIs etc. including back to front office, legacy to digital and internal and external/ partner integration.
- To identify a process & set of KPI's that monitor/drive the automation and digitisation efforts across the business.
- To take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls
- To elicit requirements and drive technology change using staff interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow/data analysis
- To work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, to run RFI's, RFP's and POC's at pace to support business requirements.
- To take a keen interest in emerging and new technology and its potential application in the Life Capital context in particular Insurtech and Fintech.
- To be aware of and able to innovatively respond to the complexity and scope of differing compliance, risk and regulatory controls that Life Capital is subject to.
- To build to build networks and strong relationships across different cultures and working environments.
This role can be based in various UK locations.
About the team
Life Capital provides the Swiss Re Group with access to attractive new Life & Health (L&H) risk pools through three operating entities (OEs) within the primary L&H market: closed book (ReAssure), group (elipsLife) and individual (iptiQ). As wholly owned businesses of Swiss Re, their shared mission is to help close the protection gap which currently exists in the L&H industry. For our clients, the OEs collectively provides insurance solutions, primary L&H expertise & knowledge, new tools, and industry insights that will help reach new markets and offer new products.
As part of Life Capital’s central team, the CTOO collaborates with OE's to support and them in maximising their operational and technological efficiency.
- University degree (Master's equivalent) in Business Administration/ Operations or Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least five years' experience in the of delivery of digital & automation technology initiatives within a corporate environment
- Internal or external consultancy experience with multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Experience of integration of internal/ external and front to back office technologies incl. on premise and cloud environments.
- Insurance or Financial services experience
- Ability to influence decisions in a large organization
- You are seen as an inspiring and motivating person
- You have the ability and confidence to actively engage in discussions, voice opinions, and act as "facilitator" and "consultant"
- Strong negotiation and advocacy skills
- Presents well and with conviction
- Good listener but can speak up if and when required
- Enthusiasm to work with a diverse leadership team
- Entrepreneurial focus and mindset
- Results-oriented and outcome-driven
- Confidence to lead a team in a rapidly-changing primary insurance environment
- Skilled in setting challenging tasks and achieving them
- Pragmatic and "can do" mentality
- Strong customer orientation
- Willingness to work "virtually" and travel to other sites as and when required