At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Operational Control Centre Supervisor
Prisoner Escort and Custody Services - Gloucester Docks
Full time, 40 hours, Permanent
Purpose of role:
This is a dual role - Firstly, you will be responsible for the daily control of the entire PECS (Prisoner Escorting and Custodial Services) operation. This includes supervision of 6 controllers and the vehicle fleet plus reporting duties. Secondly, you will be resposnbile for overnight planning for the entire operation.
- Planning and scheduling of vehicles and crews to collect and deliver prisoners to Prisons, courts and Police Stations
- First level of operational management on a daily basis
- Ensures that vehicles are available to collect prisoners
- Develop a good working relationship with Police Stations and Prison Receptions
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner in accordance with the company Health and Safety at Work policies
- Receive and input Prisoner Movement Requests from Prisons, Police and Courts
- Liaison with bases and courts to ensure all data is correct and current
- Resolve problems with collection and delivery of prisoners
- Keeping prisons and police stations updated with the information that they require
- To create a positive working environment dealing effectively with issues and problems, providing support and guidance to members of staff as appropriate
- These duties are not exhaustive or exclusive and may be varied provided that any other duties are appropriate to the grading level of the post
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths & English
- Any other demonstrable academic achievement, BTEC, Diploma, NVQ
- And basic IT skills
Successful candidates will be required to undergo security clearance if they do not already have it.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.