Experienced in working in a secure environment, you understand the operating principles to run a secure environment focussed on detainee management and care. An operational leader, you can motivate your team to deliver contract service deliverables, and be flexible in your approach in a constantly changing environment. As a person of integrity, you will drive positive engagement of Detainees and have a strong understanding of mental health services. You’re a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do.
About the Role
Located onsite in Northam, the Facilities Operations Manager will report to either the Security Manager or Residential Manager, and will coordinate the daily operations at Yongah Hill Immigration Detention Centre (YHIDC) to ensure the safety and welfare of detainees.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Lead and manage operational staff to ensure a high level of service delivery
- Ensure the management of detainee enquiries, requests and grievances
- Support the operation of the Transport and Escort (T&E) function
- Ensure all staff are competent and qualified
- Manage incidents, site operations and contingency activities
- Manage integrated Welfare & Engagement in the Centre
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Certificate IV Security Management or Frontline Management or working toward this level within 12 months of commencement of this position
- Certificate IV in Social Services or equivalent to be obtained within 12 months of appointment
- Significant experience planning, managing and conducting structured programs and activities for diverse groups including children
- Previous experience at a minimum of Detainee Service Manager level of immigration detention services or experience managing in a similar environment
- Preparation of complex reports and submissions
- Solid experience managing diverse teams in a challenging environment
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment as an essential selection component for this role.
At Serco, you’ll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world. We apply world's best practice, insights and technology across six key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Health, Immigration, Justice and Transport. But no matter your role or where you’re based, we each share the same goal – to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day.
We are trusted to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people in our care across Australia’s network of immigration centres. Our team provides fully integrated services across facilities management, accommodation, catering, welfare, engagement, security, transport, and escorting. We are committed to treating people in our care with dignity and respect in a safe and secure environment. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/aspac.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.