- The opportunity of a lifetime, is now on your doorstep
- Be part of Australia’s largest corrections centre
- Inspire, motivate & develop a multi-disciplined team
You are a respectful and professional leader of high personal integrity and sound judgement. You have strong business acumen and a sound financial ability. You are experienced in managing diverse operational teams and strive to ensure excellence in service delivery.
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager, and based on site at the Clarence Correctional Centre you will be responsible for the overall management of the finances and core essential services through the management of the industries, kitchen, catering, bulk stores, and other general essential services to support the efficient and effective operations of the facility. You will be accountable for leading a multi-disciplinary team and ensure a high-level service delivery in this brand new 1,700 bed state-of-the-art facility.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business will be highly regarded or relevant equivalent experience in a similar position.
- Experience in a similar senior leadership role, ideally in a prison, detention centre, or similar institutional environment involving complex human behavior.
- Previous experience in leading the commercial and financial analysis of the requirements of an equivalent facility.
- The ability to engage and manage Industry partners.
- Demonstrable experience in planning, coordinating and directing the operations of essential services in a large and complex institutional environment.
- A proven ability to work across multiple functional areas to provide the support and advise to deliver outcomes aligned to the overall business key deliverables.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment as an essential selection component for this role.
At Serco, you’ll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world. We apply world's best practice, insights and technology across six key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Healthcare, Immigration, Justice and Transport. But no matter your role or where you’re based, we each share the same goal – to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day.
We have been operating correctional services in Australia for almost 15 years. As a prison operator, safety and security is always our first priority and the new Clarence Correctional Centre is no exception. Due to open mid-2020, this 1,700-bed state-of-the-art facility will be the largest correctional centre in Australia. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/clarence.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.