- The opportunity of a lifetime is now on your doorstep
- Be an integral part of Australia’s largest corrections centre
- Utilise your inspirational leadership style to develop and implement the People & Capability strategy
You are a motivated and passionate people leader who is ready to take on the role of a lifetime. You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do. You lead by example and are motivated to develop a high performing culture whilst using a strategic approach to deliver exceptional business outcomes. You have an in-depth knowledge of managing a Human Resources function and your passion for People Services is evident in your coaching and leadership style.
About the Role
The role of the People and Capability Manager is to support the General Manager and Senior Management team in the successful leadership and management of the Clarence Correctional Centre. You will be responsible for developing and implementing a robust People & Capability Strategy which aligns to the business objectives. You will manage the service delivery of all aspects of human resources, ensuring compliance with the Serco Management System (SMS), Contract requirements and legislation.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- A Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management, Employee Relations, Business or similar.
- Experience in the management of an end to end service provision of the human resources function.
- The ability to work in partnership with senior management teams, line managers and employees.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing a human resources strategy.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of negotiating Enterprise Agreements.
- The ability to develop a high performing culture whilst developing leadership pipelines and succession plans.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment as an essential selection component for this role.
At Serco, you’ll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world. We apply world's best practice, insights and technology across six key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Healthcare, Immigration, Justice and Transport. But no matter your role or where you’re based, we each share the same goal – to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day.
We have been operating correctional services in Australia for almost 15 years. As a prison operator, safety and security is always our first priority and the new Clarence Correctional Centre is no exception. Due to open mid-2020, this 1,700-bed state-of-the-art facility will be the largest correctional centre in Australia. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/clarence.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.