- The opportunity of a lifetime, is now on your doorstep
- Be part of Australia’s largest corrections centre
- Engage others in the delivery of Health, Safety and Environment operations
You are an innovative leader who is inspired to create and implement health, safety and environment programs. You’re passionate and driven to ensure a safe and healthy work place for all. You have an influential and inclusive style with a proven ability to deliver outcomes to an exceptional standard. You demonstrate exceptional moral values in all that you do.
About the Role
Working closely with the General Manager and members of the Senior Leadership team, you will be based onsite at the state of the art Clarence Correctional Centre. You will ensure all health, safety and environmental initiatives support a zero-harm safety culture. You will be accountable for the implementation and management of programs to provide a healthy and safe work environment for all employees, visitors, contractors and inmates. In addition, you will provide onsite assistance to employees in all aspects of rehabilitation and return to work.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a Diploma or Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE) will be highly advantageous.
- A Return to Work Qualification (hold and maintain for the State of NSW)
- Successfully completed the – ‘Collect pathology specimens other than blood’ (HLTPAT304D) training.
- Previous experience in a similar senior leadership role, ideally in a prison, detention centre, or similar institutional environment involving complex human behaviour.
- Experience implementing and managing all health, safety and environmental programs.
- Experience leading people working across multiple functional areas to provide the support and advice to deliver outcomes aligned to the overall business key deliverables and creating an effective safety culture and practices.
- Effective and sound budget management experience with the ability to monitor expenditure, and identify effective cost savings.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment as an essential selection component for this role.
At Serco, you’ll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world. We apply world's best practice, insights and technology across six key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Healthcare, Immigration, Justice and Transport. But no matter your role or where you’re based, we each share the same goal – to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day.
We have been operating correctional services in Australia for almost 15 years. As a prison operator, safety and security is always our first priority and the new Clarence Correctional Centre is no exception. Due to open mid-2020, this 1,700-bed state-of-the-art facility will be the largest correctional centre in Australia. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/clarence.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.