- The opportunity of a lifetime is now on your doorstep
- Drive operational excellence with your strategic thinking
- Lead performance improvement stratagems in the largest correctional facility in Australia
A proven leader with commercial acumen, you are experienced in measuring and delivering operational performance in large multi-functional centres. As a strategic innovator, you enjoy consulting with and leading stakeholders to ensure improved contractual and operational outcomes are achieved including reporting, risk and compliance activities. You enjoy working on complex matters in a systematic manner, using your initiative and resolve. You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values.
About the Role
The role of Operational Performance Manager is responsible for strengthening operational performance through the identification and enhancement of performance improvement, compliance and risk mitigation strategies within the contract. You will be accountable for delivering high performance, sustainability and embedding Serco’s key operating principles throughout Clarence Correctional Centre. You will promote rehabilitation and reintegration of inmates whilst ensuring the safety and security of them as well as employees, visitors and the community.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business/Project Management or a Corrections related field or relevant equivalent experience in a similar position.
- A Diploma in Correctional Administration or equivalent experience is desirable.
- Experience in a senior line management role in prisons, detention centres, or similar institutional environment/industry.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders, particularly within diverse teams in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated experience in business management across a diverse workforce.
- Exceptional project management skills and strong analytical and organisational skills.
- The ability to lead performance improvement strategies to achieve enhanced contractual and operational outcomes.
- Strong business acumen coupled with strong budget and financial management expertise.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment as an essential selection component for this role.
At Serco, you’ll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world. We apply world's best practice, insights and technology across six key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Healthcare, Immigration, Justice and Transport. But no matter your role or where you’re based, we each share the same goal – to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day.
We have been operating correctional services in Australia for almost 15 years. As a prison operator, safety and security is always our first priority and the new Clarence Correctional Centre is no exception. Due to open mid-2020, this 1,700-bed state-of-the-art facility will be the largest correctional centre in Australia. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/clarence.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.