- The opportunity of a lifetime, is now on your doorstep
- Be part of Australia’s largest corrections centre
- Inspire, motivate & develop a multi-disciplined team
You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values. You have a security minded disposition which allows you to analyse and assess risk and implement appropriate corrective action. You have strong leadership skills, and the ability to motivate your multi-disciplined team to deliver extraordinary service within a complex environment. Looking for a new challenge, you are excited for an opportunity to build upon your security and operational skillset whilst contributing within a diverse team.
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing the security and operations of the new Clarence Correctional Centre. You will ensure we maintain a secure and humane approach to the safe confinement of inmates and persons within the correctional centre. You will be based on site and will ensure the security processes are adhered to at all times by conducting audits and managerial inspections. In addition, you will be required to monitor and coordinate key functions including visits, offender escorts, special escorts, industry security, reception, store, dog squad, perimeter security and the centre’s armoury.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Criminology, Psychology, Management, Public Administration or other relevant discipline will be highly regarded or relevant industry experience in a similar position.
- Diploma in Correctional Administration or equivalent.
- Experience in a senior line management position within a prison, detention centre, or similar institutional environment involving complex human behaviour.
- Sound knowledge of modern correctional practices, including issues and developments to deliver best practice in correctional environments.
- Sound knowledge of the criminal justice system in New South Wales including the roles of the respective elements of the system and relevant legislative provisions.
- Exposure to managing and/or coordinating security support functions.
- An understanding of the needs leading people from different ethnic, cultural and lifestyle backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres strait Islander.
- Experience in planning, coordinating and directing operations of a multi-discipline teams in a large and complex institution environment.
- Knowledge on community engagement, key stakeholder liaison and/or working with special interest groups particularly in the criminal justice system.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment as an essential selection component for this role.
At Serco, you’ll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world. We apply world's best practice, insights and technology across six key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Healthcare, Immigration, Justice and Transport. But no matter your role or where you’re based, we each share the same goal – to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day.
We have been operating correctional services in Australia for almost 15 years. As a prison operator, safety and security is always our first priority and the new Clarence Correctional Centre is no exception. Due to open mid-2020, this 1,700-bed state-of-the-art facility will be the largest correctional centre in Australia. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/clarence.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.