- The opportunity of a lifetime, is now on your doorstep
- Lead & inspire at Australia’s newest & largest corrections centre
- Influence & impact the facility strategy & philosophy
You are a capable and motivated leader, dedicated to delivering consistently high results in both service delivery and commercial performance. You demonstrate exceptional moral values in everything you do and possess strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills. Your ability to build high levels of community and stakeholder engagement across a complex business is second to none. You demonstrate a dedication to human rights obligations through a rehabilitative and caring philosophy and approach. You have outstanding business acumen and are highly competent in managing large scale facilities successfully.
About the Role
Reporting to the Operations Director for Justice & Immigration, you will be accountable for the leadership, management and direction within the Clarence Correctional Centre. You will base yourself at this new 1,700 bed state-of-the-art facility where you will prepare to commence operations mid-2020. Upon commencement, you will oversee the implementation of the company’s procedures while ensuring the facility is aligned with the contractual, legislative and relevant regulatory requirements. You will drive the operations of the centre by embedding our key operating principles for the multi-functional facility by promoting the rehabilitation and reintegration of inmates and ensure the safety and security of staff, visitors, inmates and the community.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Criminology, Psychology, Management, Public Administration or extensive industry experience in a senior or equivalent role.
- Proven success in a senior line management position in prisons, detention centres, or similar institutional environment involving complex human behaviour.
- Expertise of modern correctional practices, including issues and developments to deliver best practice in both male and female correctional environments.
- Sound knowledge of security operations, requirements, systems, procedures and maintenance.
- Ability to plan, oversee and direct the operations of a multi-discipline team in a large and complete institutional environment.
- An understanding of the needs leading people from different ethnic, cultural and lifestyle backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
- High level consultation, communication and negotiation skills.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment as an essential selection component for this role.
At Serco, you’ll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world. We apply world's best practice, insights and technology across six key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Healthcare, Immigration, Justice and Transport. But no matter your role or where you’re based, we each share the same goal – to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day.
We have been operating correctional services in Australia for almost 15 years. As a prison operator, safety and security is always our first priority and the new Clarence Correctional Centre is no exception. Due to open mid-2020, this 1,700-bed state-of-the-art facility will be the largest correctional centre in Australia. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/clarence.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.