Location: Stevenage & Hemel Hempstead
Salary: up to £41,025 per annum (dependent upon skills and experience), plus benefits!
Serco’s innovative partnership with Hertfordshire County Council is expanding and we currently recruiting for an enthusiastic, committed and resilient Social Worker to join the Social Care Access Service team (Stevenage and West Hemel Hempstead). The Social Care Access Service team is an agile multi-skilled team who assess in the community for enablement and for functional needs, managing referrals from social and health care and providing triage referrals to onward teams as required.
As the successful qualified Social Worker (Advanced Practitioner) you will to assist in the management of our Inform and Advise/Integrated Point of Access within the Social Care Access Service. We work in a fast-paced environment and we are looking for an energetic individual with a commitment to high standards of work and who enjoys operating in an environment which embraces Crisis Intervention. Our challenge with this service is to make it as seamless as possible with the customer at its focus. We are Care Act compliant in everything that we do and we expect high quality standards of work from every team member.
- Assist in determining team priorities, assessing customer need and risk, enabling customers to resolve their concerns or issues in a safe consistent manner ensuring good customer care and the efficient delivery of quality services;
- Handle enquiries from citizens through the provision of advice services and signposting to other community resources;
- Assist with management and supervision staff, associated budgets and effective commissioning of services;
- Actively be involved in strategic planning and budget management;
Skills and Experience:
You will be a HCPC registered Social Worker with at least 4-5 years post qualifying experience, specifically within adult social care. In addition to this you must have;
- Experience of supervising of a team to include business planning, allocation of resources, management of budgets or significant practitioner experience at a senior level post qualification;
- Knowledge of legislation, regulation and guidance relating to Adult Social Care Services and in particular understanding of the community care legislation;
- A relevant social or healthcare qualification and educated to degree level equivalent;
- Enhanced practical application of the adult social care environment.
This is an office based, managerial/supervisory role, however the successful candidate will be required to travel to other sites as required.
If you have the skills and experience required to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.