Air Traffic Control Officer - Tower - DWC
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco are currently recruiting experienced and highly motivated Aerodrome/ Tower Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCOs) to be a part of a great team based at DWC in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. If successful, you will be responsible for directing the movement of aircraft within assigned air space and on the ground to provide a safe, orderly and expeditious air traffic service. The successful applicants will enjoy the amazing lifestyle opportunities which living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates affords.
- Ensure self-briefing on latest TIs, SIs and weather information
- Coordinate with approach to provide best sequence of inbound and outbound aircraft
- Ensure standard separation between all inbound and outbound aircraft in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and unit procedures
- Provide flight information service to aircraft operating in the air traffic control zone and issue IFR/VFR clearances to pilots
- Provide flow control and slot allocation to departing aircraft
- Ensure current flight plans are up to date and update delays as required
- Provide weather information to pilots
- Advise the MET office of significant weather changes
- Co-ordinate runway inspection and maintenance with least disruptions to flights
- Monitor aerodrome equipment to ensure serviceability
- Provide alerting service for aircraft in emergency and notify appropriate organizations regarding aircraft in need of search and rescue aid, and assist such organizations as required
- Prepare ROSI (report of the safety incidents) according with reporting procedure for incidents, accidents or safety related occurrences
- Practice professionalism and politeness to all users of services provided by the GCAA and to other staff in Air Traffic Services.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Delivers against own Objectives in accordance with Serco’s Governing Principles, follows through and meets personal commitments in an organised and methodical manner.
- Demonstrates Personal Drive by actively working towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrates enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Shows drive to make a difference to others at work.
- Communicates Effectively through conveying a clear and concise information and ideas that engage others.
- Demonstrates Collaboration by demonstrating a proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts.
- Adapts to change by maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work responsibilities or environment.
- Assumes Responsibility by effectively manages their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- A validated Aerodrome Rating with a minimum of 5 years total experience exercising this rating
- A minimum of 3 years spent exercising an Aerodrome Rating at a major international airport
- ICAO English Level 4 or above proficiency
- A valid ATC Medical
- In addition to the above, experience within a multi-cultural environment in the Middle East is preferred
Note: Assessments of prior competency will take place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates throughout 2019.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take Pride in what you do.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.