Hours: 25 hours per week. 3 month fixed term contract
Shift pattern: 12 noon until 8pm on a rota basis (Monday to Sunday)
Location: QEQM Hospital
Your new role:
The purpose of the job will be to ensure an effective and efficient ward housekeeping service is delivered within the ward area for which the job holder has responsibility. This will include a high volume of catering responsibilities, including serving to patients.
Your duties will include:
- Deliver a patient focused ward housekeeping service to the designated ward area
- Ensure linen is put away tidy and linen room kept clean
- Support the catering team, with serving and preparing meals for patients
- Liaise with the ward team, cleaning assistants and ward hostesses to ensure that the day`s work is co-ordinated in the most appropriate way in order to deliver the highest standards of patient services
- Ensure that the ward is safe and tidy at all times and free of clutter
- Work co-operatively with colleagues as part of the ward team and perform additional duties as and when directed by the ward team
What skills do you need for this role?
- Experience within a similar enviroment
- Relevant qualifications
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Excellent Customer Care skills
What experience do you need for this role?
Experience working within a Housekeeping role is essential.
All Serco employees must ensure that their current line manager is aware of their application. For confidential enquiries please contact MyHR on 0345 010 4000.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.