“Your Leadership. Energising Reliance. India’s Future”
The Reliance Group is India's largest private sector enterprise, with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. Group's annual revenues are in excess of US$ 73bn. The flagship company, Reliance Industries Limited, is a Fortune Global 114 company and is the largest private sector company in India. Backward vertical integration has been the cornerstone of the evolution and growth of Reliance. Starting with textiles in the late seventies, Reliance pursued a strategy of backward vertical integration - in polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics, petrochemicals, petroleum refining and oil and gas exploration and production - to be fully integrated along the materials and energy value chain.
The Group's activities span exploration and production of oil and gas, petroleum refining and marketing, petrochemicals (polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics and chemicals), textiles, retail, infotel and special economic zones.
Reliance enjoys global leadership in its businesses, being the largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world and among the top five to ten producers in the world of major petrochemical products. Major Group Companies are Reliance Industries Limited, including its subsidiaries and Reliance Industrial Infrastructure Limited.
- Responsible for generation and establishment of Double Haploid programs in biofuel plants.
- Standardize, establish and implement the programme for production of Double Haploid perennial biofuel plants.
- Establish lab infrastructure and equipment for developing double haploids
- Cytological studies to determine the genome of biofuel plants
- Develop genotype specific protocol for generating double haploids by means of anther culture, microspore culture, haploid cell culture followed by chromosome doubling, etc.
- Optimize protocols to improve production efficiency
- Manage an operational budget at or below budgeted amounts
- Coordinate with breeders to design program and plan production of double haploids for important crosses
- Coordinate the production of double haploid plants with tissue culture lab and breeders
- Manages activities associated with growing double haploid plants including plant rooms, incubators and greenhouses
- Train and supervise lab personnel in all phases of double haploid production
- Co-ordination with external research & development agencies to continuously upgrade technology
- Co-ordination with internal teams for effective implementation of project assignments
- Knowledge of double haploid production and genetics & breeding.
- M.Sc degree in science related field (necessary)
- Ph. D in biological science (desirable)
- Skill in tissue culture techniques to produce double haploid plants.
- Expertise in microscopy, imaging, karyotyping and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in in vitro cell biology.
- Experience in tissue culture, media preparation and working in or management in a laboratory setting.
- Experience with double haploids, tissue culture and demonstrated capability of doing independent research
- Experience with double haploids in perennial plants and basic cytological studies
- Proven by one or two publications in renowned journal in field of plant tissue culture and double haploids.
- Strong organization capabilities, excellent interpersonal skills, interaction with various research teams for designing, improving and implementing the program, capable of implementing and driving a strong research and development program with double haploid plant production.
Reliance has six Values and associated behaviors which are the essential and enduring tenets underpinning all decisions and way of life at Reliance and every employee is expected to abide by them. We are also committed to adhering to our candidate charter to deliver the best candidate experience.