Part of the CMA CGM Group, APL is one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, providing world-class container shipping and terminal services, as well as intermodal operations supported by leading-edge IT and ecommerce.
APL offers transcontinental cargo shipping across Asia, North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Australia through more than 90 weekly services, calling ports in over 50 countries worldwide.
This position is responsible for driving sales projects/initiatives to build effective APL Sales teams globally, that are positioned to engage customers efficiently to realize APL’s revenue & volume growth objectives. The incumbent is a seasoned project manager that has a strong track record of execution.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Ensure that projects/initiatives are completed successfully, on-time, & on-budget
- Develop & Deploy a To-be Rate Request to Filing System (iPrice)
- Project Management of sales driven projects/initiatives
- Develop, deploy, & continuously improve APL’s global sales processes that are optimized, standardized, and centralized.
- Sales SME for the To-Be Rate Request to Filing System (iPrice)
- Collaborate with & maintain the APL Sales Subject Matter Expert (SME), APL Sales Key User (KU), & APL Sales Trainer networks – represent APL Sales as a domain expert
- Perform research (e.g. pilots, time study) to determine impacts of process or system changes and propose mitigations.
- Develop training collaterals (e.g. flowcharts, one pager guides, decks, videos, detailed guides) to support sales driven projects/initiatives.
- Prepare budgets & execute training initiatives to meet above mentioned objectives.
Education : Tertiary qualifications in Maritime Studies or equivalent
- First-hand experience in liner field sales & pricer roles
- Understanding of Process Improvement Approaches
- Experienced in managing projects through the different stages
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Driven
- Building Relationships & Networks
- Results Orientation & Decisiveness
- Interpersonal Drive & Energy
- Working & Managing as a Team
- Tolerance of ambiguity
- Strong business process and project management skills
- Excellent written, oral presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
**Salary package (local) & job title shall commensurate with experience.
**Please send a copy of your resume to Carita.email@example.com & Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org (in word format) together with a para (or pointers) why you are suitable for the role, with the reason/s for you to consider a move from your current/latest organisation, your current/latest salary details (i.e. monthly base salary, any AWS, variable bonus and/or other fixed cash allowances), expected salary & your notice period/earliest joining date.
**Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that CMA CGM Group & APL / NOL does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, CMA CGM Group & APL / NOL will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CMA CGM Group & APL / NOL explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CMA CGM Group & APL / NOL.
APL is part of the successful CMA CGM Group, the world's 3rd largest container shipping company