Part of the CMA CGM Group, APL is one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, providing world-class container shipping and terminal services, as well as intermodal operations supported by leading-edge IT and ecommerce.
APL offers transcontinental cargo shipping across Asia, North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Australia through more than 90 weekly services, calling ports in over 50 countries worldwide.
This position will deliver iPrice (next-generation pricing system) for APL. This is achieved via an intense effort to harmonize & simplify rate related processes across Sales / Trades / PAC / GSSC and to ensure that APL’s differentiators are preserved.
The position is also responsible for the design & implementation of APL’s global sales processes. The incumbent will interface with APL’s over 900 strong sales organization and will drive initiatives to build effective APL Sales teams globally, that are positioned to engage customers efficiently to realize APL’s revenue & volume growth objectives.
Key Result Areas
- iPrice: intensive & frequent engagement with Sales / Trades / PAC / GSSC to align & document rate related processes
- iPrice: identify impacts of process & system changes – deliver mitigation plan & roll-out approach
- iPrice: represent APL Sales as domain expert & collaborate/maintain the APL Sales SME, KU, Trainer networks
- iPrice: deliver training approach, collaterals, & budget
- Ensure consistent implementation of APL sales processes globally by defining a governance model that is geared for success – metrics & engagement with APL Commercial Heads
- Increase APL’s value proposition by ensuring that each Sales Rep’s customer book of business is streamlined & effective
- Ensure country adherence to Sales Roles & Structure
- Experience or familiarity with Configure Price Quote (CPQ) systems
- First-hand experience in liner field sales & in liner pricer roles
- Understanding of improvement Approaches
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Driven
- Building Relationships & Networks
- Results Orientation & Decisiveness
- Interpersonal Drive & Energy
- Working & Managing as a Team
- Tolerance of ambiguity
- Strong business and project management skills
- Excellent written, oral presentation and interpersonal skills
**Salary package (local) & job title shall commensurate with experience.
**Please apply with a copy of your resume (in word format) together with a para (or pointers) why you are suitable for the role, with the reason/s for you to consider a move from your current/latest organisation, your current/latest salary details (i.e. monthly base salary, any AWS, variable bonus and/or other fixed cash allowances), expected salary & your notice period/earliest joining date.
**Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that CMA CGM Group & APL / NOL does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, CMA CGM Group & APL / NOL will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CMA CGM Group & APL / NOL explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CMA CGM Group & APL / NOL.
APL is part of the successful CMA CGM Group, the world's 3rd largest container shipping company